Mark your calendars for our annual African Industrial and Development Conference and Awards, themed Energy and Sustainable Development in Africa, on 14-15 September 2023, in the vibrant city of Abuja, Nigeria. Organised by Dotmount Communications, a media and communications company which is a leading provider of media research, press releases distribution, monitoring and evaluation services for public relations, marketing and corporate communications professionals.
This event promises to be a crucial gathering of local governments, policymakers, experts, and stakeholders dedicated to addressing energy poverty and fostering sustainable solutions at the local level.
The event aims to address the transition from emergency coping mechanisms to sustainable policies and measures to reduce energy poverty for all including energy-poor and vulnerable consumers and debate on recommendations for member states and municipalities as appropriate frameworks to use in tackling energy poverty.
By choosing the Energy and Sustainable Development in Africa as theme for this year’s AIDCA, we aim to reflect on the transition from temporary emergency strategies to sustainable policies and initiatives with the objectives to:
- Put the new reality of energy poverty on the agenda at all levels of governance.
- Exchange between cities with different track records of tackling energy poverty.
- Support cities to identify and adopt long-term policies to tackle energy poverty.
- Reflect on possible EU recommendations for good practices to tackle energy poverty at the local and national levels.
The detailed agenda of the event will be announced soon. It will include:
- High-level opening sessions: Engage with influential policymakers, decision-makers, and senior representatives from Africa, national and local level.
- Panel discussions: Participate in thought-provoking debates and interactive sessions to exchange ideas, share experiences, and identify innovative approaches for tackling energy poverty.
- Interactive sessions: Gain practical insights, learn and share good practices with local government representatives and stakeholders working on the ground.
- Networking opportunities: Connect with like-minded professionals, stakeholders, and experts in the field and foster collaboration.
The event is open to everyone interested in tackling energy poverty. Limited spaces are available, so early registration is recommended. Registration for the annual conference will open soon. Stay tuned for updates on the AIDCA website.
Do you want to get involved? Open call for interactive sessions:
This year, EPAH has decided to reinforce its collaborative network by calling upon all interested entities to apply for a session under the umbrella of its annual conference. The goal is to bring together likeminded organisations, institutions, projects, initiatives and all interested stakeholders to share their experiences and finally support local governments in their efforts to tackle energy poverty.